When it rains, it pours. Right? Well, today I was lucky enough to get to bring not 1, but 2 kids to the doctor for their routine checkups and the "S" word, shots. Well not only did they both scream their heads off while getting their shots, or "pokes" as our old doctor called them. But then I found out that Jones has a heart murmur. Which no one has ever heard or told me about until now. The doctor I saw was concerned since he is 3 and this first time we have heard it, so she had another doctor come in and listen. They say it is an "innocent" murmur. But I will keep you updated on Jones after next week when we take him to a pediatric cardiologist. I am really not too worried, so please don't worry either. Now onto Lacey. They took her blood to test her iron count, which was low. So I now have to give her liquid vitamins with iron. Which I tasted tonight, and I think that vomit might taste better. So we are going to have fun giving her this. And secondly, her "water works" area, is not all the way opened. There is a little part that is fused together. Weird I know. But all I have to do is put some type of estrogen cream that has hormones in it on her. And that will do the trick. So, yeah that was my day at the doctors.
But I guess on a better note, they are both growing healthy and strong. Here are their numbers.
Jones - 38 inches tall (60%) , 35.5 lbs (80%).
Lacey - 28 inches tall (60%), 18.2 lbs (29%).
6 comments:
you told me not to worry, but i still am. i lvoe your babies. give them kisses for me.
what a day. i totally feel for you. i'm already dreading levi's next appointment and shots.
So sorry! Never good to go in and think everything's fine and then have it not be. Kass had the water works problem too--sounds like they were more helpful for you with the cream and all. They just had us keep applying a Q-tip day and night. Actually the first time the MD just pulled it apart. OUCH! Poor thing...
i'll be praying for good reports from the cardiologist. i love those kids...and their mama! see you soon, rae!
Oh my goodness! Well I sure everything will be fine. Just be grateful that you have a doctor that is so detail oriented. That good to find those things now. Keep me posted!
Hey Rachel! I just came across your blog, I forgot that you told us you had one. Well we miss you bunches. Things aren't the same without the Shumways!
Post a Comment